Answered By: Colleen Bryant Last Updated: Jul 15, 2015 Views: 120
Answered By: Colleen Bryant
Last Updated: Jul 15, 2015 Views: 120
Use the following resources:
- BLS: Consumer Expenditure Survey and Consumer Price Indexes
- IRS: lots of topics covered in the Statistics of Income publication series
- Federal Reserve Economic Data
- Federal Reserve produces the Survey of Consumer Finances: captures things like spending on mortgage, debt, etc.
- Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA) [within Dept of Commerce]: will have data on personal income and expenditures (which it calls "outlays"), broad overviews of sectors of the economy, employment, etc. Big picture analyses and "metatrends" can be found here.